TEPIC®, Tris (2,3-Epoxy propyl) Isocyanurate, is a unique symmetrical triazine contains
tri-functional epoxy compound which entirely different from conventional bisphenol
type epoxy resin. TEPIC is well suited for electronic coatings and plays a crucial role as the the cross-linker integrity of solder mask, in tranparency of LEDs, and in outdoor durability of powder coating.
Applications of TEPIC
TEPIC consists of triazine nucleus and three glycidyl group.
TEPIC triazine nucleus imparts outdoor durability due to low UV absorption.
TEPIC three glycigyl group imparts high heat resistance due to high cross link density. TEPIC has a wide variety of industrial applications such as:
- Print circuit board (PCB)
– Top-coated ink
– Solder-resistant ink (PCB solder mask)
– High performance SRI for PC and Cell Phone
- Transparent encapsulate (LED, CCD)
- Semiconductor encapsulate
- Plastic, rubber, and adhesive additive
- Outdoor polyester powder coating
– Short circuit prevention: Permanent protective coating of PCB
– Increased heat and solvent resistance
– Resolving power up
Properties of TEPIC
- High cross-linking density with excellent heat
resistance & thermosetting performance.
- Minimum UV and lighting absorption provide with superb
- Disperse fine powder with suspension stability for
- Low chlorine contents, inhibit deterioration ＆electrolytic
|Particle Size (nm)||4-42 mesh 99%||42 mesh pass > 99%||2.0 μm > (Median)||42 mesh pass > 99%|
|Melting Point °C||90-125||95-125||95-125||99-125|
|Epoxy Equivalent Weight (g/equiv.)||< 110||< 105||< 105||< 102|
|ECH content (ppm)||< 100||Not Detected||Not Detected||Not Detected|
|Hydrolyzable Chlorine (%)||< 2.0||< 0.15||< 0.15||< 0.03|
|Viscosity (CPS) 120°C||< 100||< 100||< 100||< 100|
TEPIC-S／DGEBA ratio and Tg
Solubility of TEPIC-S
TEPIC has high crystallization, high melting point, and hard solubility.